Could claiming this job lead to your future career?
Despite already having experience with several jobs, many working adults are unable to answer the age-old question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Our Job Spotlight monthly blog series is designed to help answer that question. In this series, we review all the basics of specific jobs, from pay and duties to why people do the jobs they do.
Claim Service Assistant
In this month’s Job Spotlight, we’re checking out what Claim Service Assistants are all about.
Required Education: Typically, a high school diploma or the equivalent.
Although pay varies depending on a variety of factors (e.g. experience, industry, geographic area, etc.), Claim Service Assistants can make as much as $33,750 a year.
What Claim Service Assistants Do:
Claim Service Assistants deal with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Receiving inbound calls
- Making outbound follow-up calls to clients
- Using custom company software
- Regular use of Microsoft Office Suite
What Companies Look for in Claim Service Assistants
Every position is different, but many companies need the following skills and attributes:
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to resolve challenges professionally and clearly
- Incredible customer service skills
- Six months or more experience in a retail or customer service setting
- Type 30+ words per minute
Not sure where to find a position like this?
We can help.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK, Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S. and Canada. If you have any questions about Claim Service Assistant jobs in your area or job search in general, contact your local Express office, download the ExpressJobs app from your mobile store, or fill out our online contact form.
For More on Our Job Spotlight Series:
- Insurance Agent
- Warehouse Worker
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Sales Representative
- Human Resources Generalist
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Plant/Manufacturing Supervisor
- Customer Service Representative
- Graphic Designer
- Banquet Server
- Materials Handler
- Data Entry Specialist
- AutoCAD Drafter
- CNC Machinist
Are you a Claim Service Assistant? What else should people know about your job? Let us know in the comments section below!