Do you find your job enjoyable? Why does your job make you happy?
In July, we asked our readers to list the top factors that made their work fulfilling. Here’s what you had to say:
With 16%, the top answer to the monthly poll was “You feel like your work makes a difference/is meaningful,” followed by “Ability to provide for your family,” with 11%. With another 11% of the votes, readers said the “Ability to use their skills/expertise,” while 10% of respondents cited “Supportive leadership/boss” as a top factor that makes their work fulfilling.
The rest of the results are as follows:
- “You have a high level of work-life balance” (10%)
- “Great co-worker relationships” (9%)
- “Overall positive company culture” (9%)
- “You feel like you’re growing/developing” (8%)
- “Belief in the company’s values/mission” (6%)
- “Performance recognition from leadership/managers/colleagues” (4%)
- “Interesting/unique projects” (4%)
Another 2% of respondents chose the “other” option. Here are a few of their responses:
- “Ability to help others and influence positive change.”
- “Making what I feel is a good salary.”
- “Gives me purpose.”
- “It’s my amazing supportive co-workers. We make it fun despite the toxic work environment.”
- “Fun and exciting.”
- “Variety of tasks.”
- “There is nothing that makes my work fulfilling at my current job anymore.”
What are some other factors that make your work fulfilling? What doesn’t make your work fulfilling?
Let us know in the comments section below!