If you’re an administrative professional, or looking to start a career in administrative work, the team at Job Journey would like to thank you for your contributions. Here are some facts you may not know about admin professionals.
1. “Administrative Professionals Day” (celebrated in April each year) was initially known as “National Secretaries Day,” when it was first recognized in 1952. The name was changed in 2000 to keep up with the changing job titles.
2. The International Association of Administrative Professionals offers a Certified Professional Secretary exam to admins who want to take their careers to the next level.
3. Remember Peggy from the hit TV show Mad Men or Miss Jane from the beloved Beverly Hilbillies? How about Jonathan from 30 Rock? These TV actors all played administrative professionals.
4. It’s a position of many names. Over the years, various names have been used for admin professionals including office clerk, receptionist, secretary, office manager, and executive assistant.
5. Did you know that Express is dedicated to finding people admin jobs? Last year we placed 36,365. admin professionals and are also ranked 3rd in Office Services. We have a variety of Office Services positions available for you to check out.
If you need help finding an admin professional position or any other job, we can help.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK, Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
If you have any questions about jobs in your area or your job search in general, contact your local Express office, download the ExpressJobs app from your mobile store, or fill out our online contact form