Job burnout can be hard to handle. Not only is it emotionally exhausting, it can impact your health and performance as well. So, how do you know when it’s the real deal? Ask yourself the following questions to find out.
- Are you more cynical, negative, critical, or sarcastic at work?
- Do you have to drag yourself to work and have trouble starting once you get there?
- Do you lack the energy to stay consistently productive?
- Do you no longer feel satisfaction from your achievements or do you question the value of the tasks that you perform?
- Are you feeling under-compensated for your work?
- Are you disillusioned about your career?
- Are you constantly fatigued?
- Do you lose your temper easily?
- Are you thinking about a career change?
- Do you feel overwhelmed or stressed most of the time?
- Do you feel like you have little or no control over things at work or at home?
- Are you just “going through the motions” to get through your shift?
If you’ve answered yes to four or more of the questions, chances are, you’re bound for job burnout if you’re not already there. In our next blog, we’ll discuss tactics to avoid and deal with professional burnout.