A successful job search is definitely not easy. First, you have to find a job you’re interested in. Next, you have to apply and wait for an invitation to interview. After that, you have to prepare for the interview, and then you have to follow up. And, that’s just the basics – there are many more small steps along the way that make things complicated and sometimes overwhelming. So, we put together our top 10 job search tips of all time – to keep you from forgetting an important step along the way.
1. Broaden your job search
2. Build a network
3. Write a top-notch résumé
4. Submit a cover letter with your résumé, every time
5. Research your potential employer’s company
6. Practice answering common interview questions
7. Prepare to ask the interviewer questions
8. Be sure to dress for success
9. Bring the proper items to an interview
10. Follow up after an interview
Landing the job you want takes time and effort. Rarely does the perfect opportunity just fall in your lap. But, you can make your job search process simpler by following these top 10 tips of all time.
Tell us what you think – did we miss one? Share your job search tips in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you.