September is International Update Your Resume Month, which is a great time to put your job search into high gear. Just as students across the country are starting a new school year, job seekers should be taking advantage of this opportunity to inventory what they have learned, along with how they’ve grown in value, and incorporate it into updating their resume.
And even if you aren’t currently job searching, it may be a good time to update your resume. If you’ve had a job for a few years, you probably have learned new skills or have new accomplishments to include on your resume.
To celebrate this occasion and help you with some guidance in updating your resume, here are our top 10 blog posts on resumes. Take a look through these archives and find some inspiration to make your resume stand out.
• Resume Boot Camp
• So What’s This Gap in Your Resume?
• 30 Power Words to Power Up Your Resume & Boost Your Job Search
• Heavyweight Debate: PDF vs. Word Resumes
• Next at 10: How to Make Your Resume Newsworthy
• Five Things No Resume Should Ever Say
• What’s Missing From Your Resume?
• Give Back and Add Holiday Cheer to Your Resume
• Five Common Words You Don’t Want On Your Resume
• Smart Phone Apps for a Smarter Job Search
Do you have any ideas on updating your resume? Let us know in the comments section below.