Last month we asked readers what benefits, not including health, they valued most from employers.
Having a flexible work schedule led the pack with 17.57% of the vote, while generous/unlimited vacation time and opportunities to work from home/remotely followed in second and third, with 12.83% and 11.85%, respectively. The rest of the results were as follows:
- Access to Training/Certification Classes:10.18%
- Casual Dress Code:9.76%
- Profit Sharing/Stock Options:8.23%
- College Tuition Reimbursement:6.56%
- Opportunities to Travel:5.02%
- Company Gym/Membership Discount at Local Gym:4.74%
- Cafeteria Programs:2.79%
- Community Service/Volunteer Opportunities:2.79%
- Professional Organization Memberships:2.51%
- Child Care:2.09%
Employees may love their jobs and what they do, but they aren’t just workers. Each one has family and obligations outside of work. Having the ability to attend to those responsibilities is incredibly helpful, and employees appreciate employers that provide that flexibility.