We’re drawing up plans for your career with AutoCAD Drafter job info!
Despite already having experience with several jobs, many working adults are unable to answer that age-old question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Our Job Spotlight monthly blog series is designed to help answer that question. In this series, we review all the basics of specific jobs, from pay and duties to why people do the jobs they do.
In this month’s Job Spotlight, we’re designing a bit of information regarding AutoCAD drafters. Responsibilities include everything from gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements, to setting up production methods.
Required Education: Associate’s Degree
Although pay varies depending on a variety of factors (e.g. experience, industry, geographic area, etc.), AutoCAD Drafters can make as much as $55,550 per year.
What AutoCAD Drafters Do:
AutoCAD Drafters deal with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Communicating with architects and engineers to collect product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculating dimensions, weight limitations, and requirements in materials
- Describing production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
What Companies Look for in AutoCAD Drafters
Every position is different, but many companies need the following skills and attributes:
- Hands-on AutoCAD experience (VectorWorks and Solidworks)
- Associate degree or career training
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools
- Standard cost accounting knowledge
Not sure where to find a position like this?
We can help.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK, Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S. and Canada. If you have any questions about AutoCAD Drafter jobs in your area or job search in general, contact your local Express office or fill out our online contact form.
For More on Our Job Spotlight Series:
- Insurance Agent
- Warehouse Worker
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Sales Representative
- Human Resources Generalist
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Plant/Manufacturing Supervisor
- Customer Service Representative
- Graphic Designer
- Banquet Server
- Materials Handler
- Data Entry Specialist
Are you an AutoCAD Drafter? What else should people know about your job? Let us know in the comments section below!