Here’s what you had to say.
Since we’re living in a job seeker’s market, many employers offer a little extra something to retain top talent. One way to do that is with great perks, like working from home or a relaxed dress code.
We wanted to figure out which perks our readers prefer, so we asked in our August poll. Here’s what happened.
“Remote work opportunities” took the lead, with 61% of the vote, while “Flextime” followed close behind at 58%. Next in line were “Student loan repayment/college tuition assistance” at 40%, while “Relaxed dress code” and “Gym memberships” followed at 38% and 37%, respectively.
Other results were as follows:
- Vendor discounts: 24%
- Childcare reimbursement/onsite daycare: 21%
- Transportation assistance (e.g. paid passes on buses/subways): 21%
- Expanded Maternity/Paternity leave options: 17%
- Car washes: 12%
We also asked which unique perks your company offers:
- “We have a rewards/recognition program that offers prizes as you collect points from accolades given by coworkers.”
- “We have ping pong tables! And we’re allowed 20 minute naps to refresh our minds.”
- “Paid vacation!”
So, there you have it! Now that you know what the popular work perks are, you can make sure the company you’re interviewing with has what you want.
Are there any other work perks you want from your employer? Let us know in the comments section below!