Learn about a career as a market research analyst.
Despite already having experience with several jobs, many working adults are unable to answer the age-old question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Our monthly Job Spotlight blog series is designed to help answer that question. In this series, we review all the basics of specific jobs, from pay and duties, to why people do the jobs they do.
Market Research Analyst
In this month’s Job Spotlight, we’re diving into what it takes to be a market research analyst. Key qualities include attention to detail, and strong analytical and mathematical abilities.
Required Education: Typically, at least a bachelor’s degree.
This varies depending on a variety of factors (e.g. experience, geographic area, industry, etc.), but market research analysts can make as much as $63,790 a year.
What Market Research Analysts Do:
market research Analysts deal with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Monitoring and predicting sales trends
- Measuring campaign efficacy
- Creating and reviewing surveys and polls
- Brainstorming new ideas for gathering data
What Companies Look for in Market Research Analysts
Every position is different, but many companies need the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to take data and turn it into a story to help others understand what it means for the company as a whole
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking and math abilities
- Detail-oriented personality
Not sure where to find a position like this?
We can help.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK, Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S. and Canada. If you have any questions about market research analyst jobs in your area or job search in general, contact your local Express office, download the ExpressJobs app from your mobile store, or fill out our online contact form.
For More on Our Job Spotlight Series:
- Insurance Agent
- Warehouse Worker
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Sales Representative
- Human Resources Generalist
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Plant/Manufacturing Supervisor
- Customer Service Representative
- Graphic Designer
- Banquet Server
- Materials Handler
- Data Entry Specialist
- AutoCAD Drafter
- Claim Services Assistant
- Mail Clerk
- Medical Office Manager
- General Construction Worker
- HVAC Technician
- Press Brake Operator
- Industrial Machine Builder
Are you a market research analyst? What else should people know about your job? Let us know in the comments section below!